I've been tagged by The Goods Design, a wonderful blog by an author with impeccable taste in interiors. The objective is to reveal 6 quirky but boring details about myself, so here it goes!1. The Cadbury Creme Egg is my favorite food on earth. Most people are horrified when I reveal this. My mom used to get me 36 packs for Easter. I swear I'm not fat.
2. I am getting married in about one year and one week. This is not quirky or boring, but what is quirky and boring is that Chris and I chose December because we love, love, love the Holidays.
3. I have read every food book under the sun, Reichl, Steingarten, Bourdain, you name it. It's an addiction.
4. My guilty (or not so guilty pleasure) is watching reruns of the Cosby Show on TV Land before I go to bed (Cosby Sweater above). My boyfriend finds this quirky, boring, and bizarre.
5. I have a boat license. Why anyone would permit me, at age 14, a boat license is beyond me- and why anyone would permit me all these years later to have one is still a mystery.
6. I draw lips, eyes, and noses ALL OVER my notes. I have been doing this since junior high, and it seems to be getting worse.
I am going to tag my two BFFs (I don't know 6 bloggers!!!)
A Design Affair
Capturing the 7
Here are the rules:
* Mention the rules on your blog.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six other
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they are tagged.
Friday, November 21, 2008
I called my brother, the adventurous eater, earlier this week and asked him if he wanted to get REAL Chinese in Chinatown. Then suddenly it was freezing here in NY, and we got lazy, and decided to meet in Koreatown- that hopping stretch of 32nd street- instead. Here I am, still recovering after about a million shots of Soju! Evil Soju. My brother, having lived in Korea, is a huge fan of Korean BBQ. I just love the set up: a million tiny dishes with all kinds of condiments and pickled everything. Of course, the smoke reaks absolute havoc on your clothing, my coat is still airing out!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I went to the Brooklyn Academy of Music this past weekend for a performance of Amjad. I have not seen many avant-garde dance pieces in my lifetime but I think this one is probably up there! It was great. The building is impressive- it has a cool wavy glass awning on the front. It was downpouring afterwards so we ran across the street to Thomas Biesl for some rose and apple-cranberry crumble.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Top is my little painting of a John Robshaw headboard from Domino, used in designer Fawn Galli's Brooklyn brownstone. I.LOVE.IT. It reminds me of above pages from Mrs. Kennedy Goes Abroad, by Vibhuti Patel, illustrated by Jacqueline Duheme . I must get this book! The illustrations are stunning!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
I have been seeing a lot of pink rooms lately. There was a great spread in House Beautiful this month with a few. I would love to paint a room a medium pink, all the trim would be white, and I would throw in a couple of red chairs on a citron striped rug.